Atherton Tablelands Birding Tour
The Atherton Tablelands is the top birding spot in Australia with a huge diversity in habitats and consequently, species. On a full day birding tour (10hrs) you can expect to see between 80-120 bird species; depending on the season.
This tour explores the birdlife around the Atherton, Yungaburra, Malanda, Herberton and/or Mareeba area. We visit upland rainforest, wet and dry sclerophyll forest, swamp and savannah to get you close-up with the birds in this area.
- Pick up from accommodation in the Atherton area at agreed time.
- NO pick up in Cairns
- Max 4 persons (contact Patrick for families with 2+ children)
- Half day (5hrs - morning) or Full day (10hrs)
- Meals not included
- Binoculars and car/booster seats available
- Book a Nocturnal Wet Tropics Tour (PRIVATE) to see owls.
Double-eyed Fig-parrot (Cyclopsitta diophthalma)
Pale-yellow Robin (Tregellasia capito)
Golden Bowerbird (Prionodura newtoniana)
Yellow-breasted Boatbill (Machaerirhynchus flaviventer)
Great Bowerbird (Chlamydera nuchalis)